This is a fantastic opportunity to build up your confidence by learning from educators with years of clinical knowledge!
Led by industry respected clinicians with over 40 years combined experience, join Kate Pain (GTK), Joana Santiago (Medifab) and the GTK Team as they share their experiences with the assessment and prescription of seating. This is a fantastic opportunity to build up your confidence by learning from educators with years of clinical experience.
This hands-on two day workshop will provide you with the opportunity to:
- Learn and conduct a thorough MAT evaluation – yoga mats provided
- Understand and apply principles and biomechanics as applied to seating posture
- Translate assessment findings into product parameters
- Develop problem solving skills based on real case scenarios
- Develop clinical justification skills to write a successful application for funding
- Integrate knowledge learnt into product set up and clinical practice.
It’s time to get hands on with tools. Lose your fear of Allen keys and learn how to adjust wheelchair seating for optimal positioning for your client. We’ll provide you with your own seating tool set to keep, show you how to use them correctly and how to get the best results for your clients. You will:
- Name wheelchair and seating components and describe the possible adjustments to each
- Demonstrate confident use of tools required to adjust wheelchair and seating components
- Describe clinical reasoning for optimal positioning of wheelchair and seating components
All participants will receive a backpack and tool kit to take home.
Tuesday 21st and Wednesday 22nd June, 2022
9am – 4pm (please arrive to register at 8.30am)
11/14 Boden Road, Seven Hills NSW 2147