Ottobock Avantgarde DS Manual Folding Wheelchair
The Avantgarde DS is a fourth-generation wheelchair for active use. This lightweight folding wheelchair has proven itself over many years and is very popular among active users.
The Avantgarde DS has continued to be refined over the years to optimise it for active use. It is now lighter and the weight of its components has been optimised. Thanks to its compact design and integrated leg supports, it has the lowest net weight in the Avantgarde series.
The Avantgarde DS features:
- A small folding size of 27 centimetres, ensuring it’s easy to stow
- Greater flexibility thanks to lightweight construction of the frame and components
- Outstanding safety due to optimal directional stability and a drive wheel adapter with double screw connection
- Numerous options for active wheelchair users
Handy back bagThe back bag integrated into the back upholstery is easy for the user to reach and is equipped with a magnetic closure.
Weight-optimised push handlesThe new short push handles are optimised for low weight. Folding push handles are available as well.
Small folding sizeTn addition to its low weight, the Avantgarde DS stands out for its extremely small folding size of 27 centimetres. At the same time, it offers active wheelchair users a high level of stability and numerous options.
Seat and back upholsteryUltralight seat and back upholstery optimised for low weight can be chosen as an option.
|Seat width||320 - 520mm|
|Seat depth||360 - 540mm|
|Front seat height||380 - 540mm|
|Rear seat height||360 - 520mm|
|Overall length||720 - 1080mm|
|Overall width||490 - 725mm|
|Overall height||608 - 1150mm|
|Folding size from||270mm|
|Back support height||250 - 550mm|
|Lower leg length||160 - 510mm|
|Front frame angle||70° | 80°|
|Weight from approx||8.7kg|
|Maximum load||100kg | 140kg with heavy duty option|
The Ottobock Avantgarde DS is warranted against faults in material and workmanship for two (2) years from purchase by Ottobock Australia Pty Ltd. This warranty period does not apply to batteries and actuators, which are warranted for one (1) year from purchase. Exclusions to the warranty include:
- replacement of parts or consumables such as tyres, castors and cushions due to normal wear and tear; or
- any defects caused by misuse or abuse, failure to assemble, operate or maintain the product according to the supplied instructions, accidental damage or any alterations made to the product which are not authorised by Ottobock Australia.
Product Compliance with Relevant Standards
The Avantgarde DS has been tested to and complies with the following standards:
- AS/NZS 3695.1:2011
ARTG Certificate: 241133