Spex Contour Head Support
The Spex Contour Head Support is a contoured shaped pad for superior occipital, suboccipital support, lateral protection and comfort. Anatomical surface shaping follows the natural contours of the head and neck with enhanced occipital and suboccipital support.
The benefits of the Contour Head Support include:
- Enhanced occipital shaping to promote head alignment. Occipital shaping of the foam ensures posterior pad control, keeping the user’s head in a supported position. The Contour Head Support also features a V-shaped cut out to provide relief directly behind the neck, in order to remove pressure from the neck muscles and tendons.
- A clever dual layer fabric surface to aid in shear reduction and decreasing friction, in addition to being gentle on hair. The cover is removable for washing and hygiene purposes.
- Optimal lateral position for unimpaired vision. The Contour Head Support features a lower lateral support position, allowing for unobstructed user vision. The cradle design with a natural anatomic support surface helps realign the head within the pad and ensures an optimal midline position.
- Lateral position adjustment, where minor adjustments of the lateral positions can be achieved by applying force to mould the shape of the pad. The sides can be squeezed tighter to wrap closer around the head or stretched open wider if required.
The Contour Head Support is available in two sizes: Contour 250 and Contour 350. The Contour 250 provides maximum support through a minimal support surface while the 350 has an extended surface for extra head stability and safety. The deep contouring featured in both sizes provides superior comfort, lateral protection and maintains alignment whilst still facilitating active head rotation.
Spex Head Support pads are constructed from an internal aluminium shell covered by an injection moulded polyurethane foam to ensure smooth and comfortable support surface. Aluminium plates with multiple positioning holes allow for wide range of adjustment of the pad. The Head Support pads are designed to be used with the versatile Spex Stylo hardware.
Available in two sizes, the Contour 250 and Contour 350
|Style||Width (A)||Depth (B)||Height (C)||Bottom Thickness (D)||Top Thickness (E)||Weight|
All Spex Accessories are guaranteed to be free from defects for a period of 12 months from the date of purchase, provided normal use. Should a defect in materials or workmanship occur within 12 months of the original date of purchase, Medifab Limited will, at its option, repair or replace it without charge. This warranty does not apply to punctures, tears or burns to the material or outer cover where applicable.
Product Compliance with Relevant Standards
Spex Head Supports have been tested to and comply with the following standards:
- AS/NZS 3695 and AS/NZS 3696 (Wheelchair Requirements and Test Methods)
- AS/NZS ISO 16840.4 (Seating Systems for use in Motor Vehicles)
Spex also maintains a quality management system that is certified as meeting the requirements of ISO 13485:2016.
ARTG Certificate: 160962